Yesterday was Seth's 6th birthday!
and FYI,
a birthday is very serious business
to a little boy!
Knowing that our evening was going to be nuts,
we bagged the Birthday dinner idea and
started the day with a Birthday breakfast instead!
How cool is that?!?
As we were getting ready to go
O'Neill tenderly said,
O'Neill tenderly said,
"I can't believe my little brother's six years old!"
...implying that some sort of major change
had happened in the night
as he morphed
from a 5 year old brother
to a 6 year old brother.
But, ever-sensitive Seth consoled him by saying,
"Don't worry. I'm still just a Lego-ist and an Artist!"
And with that,
all seemed right in the world!
Having breakfast at the Country Waffle!
(Check out Lulu trying to hold up 6 fingers without having to put her food down!)
Then he went off to school.
After lunch I brought cupcakes to his class.
He got to sit in the teacher's big, special chair
and the class sang to him!
It was very exciting.
After school
it was finally time for the party
that he has had planned for weeks!
This was how the party would go...
1. Friends would come over.
2. Play "Don't Eat Pete!"...Seth would go first!
3. Open presents...Seth would sit in black chair!
4. Eat a Lego cake!
5. Play "Duck! Duck! Goose!"...Seth would go first!
6. Play Lego's until parents came!
And this is how the party went...
His friends came over...
Jonah, Hannah, Payton, Andrew and James
They played "Don't Eat Pete!" but I didn't get a picture!
He opened his presents...
while sitting in the black chair!
A true Lego and art supply extravaganza!
He had a Lego cake which he later told me tasted "disgusting"!
...and it really did, I tasted it!
Then they played "Duck! Duck! Goose!"
Until...
he couldn't stand it any longer
and had to sneak away to satisfy his inner Legoist!
It was a GREAT day!
Later, I asked Jimmy
if he remembered ALL the details
of the days surrounding Seth's birth!
He struggled a bit!
I got things like...
"he was born in a hospital!"
(OK...all the kids were.)
"that girl doctor delivered him"
(they were all delivered by different 'girl' doctors)
"You pushed"
(again...)
"and out he popped!"
(OK...down played that one a little bit!)
I then asked if he remembered ANY of the details
surrounding Seth's birth.
All I can say,
is that I got some
bizarre, mish-mash, combined version
of all the kids deliveries
rolled up into
one non-existent birth story!
Oh dear!
But that's OK because
I will always remember
ALL the details
of the day Seth was sent to me.
He is one of the four
juiciest gifts
I've ever received!
Happy Birthday Sethie!

2 comments:
You know how much I love little Sethie! I remember the day he was born! Give him hugs from Ogden. :)
I love that Lego concentration pic!! Happy Birthday to my (not so) Sad Sethie!
Post a Comment