Monday, August 16, 2010

A poem.

T'is the night before school starts,
and all through our house
Every one is excited...
especially my spouse!

Our summer vacation
has flown by too fast!
Now it's back to a schedule
of reading and math!

We found out their teachers.
All have classes with buddies.
Oh what a relief!
This calmed 'jittery tummies'!

Now their backpacks are hanging
on hooks with great care.
While new shoes and clean clothes
are out, ready to wear.

We had a calm evening,
and after prayers up to heaven,
They climbed into bed
with alarms set for seven.

So now as I tip-toe
past their rooms for a peek,
My tender heart melts
as I kiss each little cheek.

Off to school they must go
leaving Mother behind!
I whisper a prayer
that the world will be kind!

Sweet dreams my dear children.
May this year be a blast!
I'm just not quite ready
for you to grow up so fast!

XoXo...
Mom.





3 comments:

Kristin said...

I love this poem!!! I miss you!

Kara Hanson said...

So cute!

Stacy's Snippets said...

Karen, this is adorable. Love the sleeping angels. They must be keeping you busy since you haven't posted in so long!

I have a blog too...stop on by some time!

http://randommusingsfromasinglegal.blogspot.com/

Stacy L