13 years ago,
Jimmy and I officially became
The Hunter's!
To celebrate this enormous occasion,
we went out on Friday night!
Our big Anniversary date
went like this...
First
we discussed if we should get 'dressed-up' or not.
We went a little crazy and
voted for 'dressed-up'
which meant
clean jeans, a clean shirt,
brushed hair and make-up!
(Ooohh fancy!)
But secretly
I was hoping
that he would have choosen
'not dressed-up'
which would have been
my daily uniform of
sweats, a ponytail and flip flops.
I always prefer
a stretchy waistband when food is involved.
Yet another sacrifice for love!
Then,
we discussed what time we should leave.
Since it had been a busy week and
we were already tired,
we really wanted to get an early start
so that we wouldn't be up too late.
BUT
at the same time,
we also didn't want to come home too early
because then we would have to put the kids to bed!
Oh no, no, no!
This is the entire point of having a sitter, right?
For you see,
while some believe that sitter's are hired to keep the kids safe,
I believe they are paid to endure bed time so that I don't have to!
We left at five!
Our first stop was...
COSTCO!
Yeah, that's right!
Is there anything more fun
than cruising around Costco
without kids and without an agenda?
NO!
First, we walked around the electronics...
It just never gets old
to hear Jimmy "Dude" it up
about how cheap TVs are now compared to a year ago!
(FYI - that was sarcasm...it actually gets really old!)
Then, we looked at vacuums, paper cutters, tools,
outdoor furniture, clothes, books,
pool supplies and wireless keyboards.
Before we left we bought
kitchen garbage bags and a blow dryer.
(I think that was the first time I've left Costco
without spending at least $100.00)
Next was dinner.
We went to a yummy steak house
because
our love grows stronger with red meat!
We ate yummy food and were having a great time
until we hit our perverbial walls.
Even though our eyelids were starting to burn
and our speech was getting a little slurred,
we were determined to stay out past bedtime!
It also didn't help that
Jim couldn't hear a word I was saying
because he had a bad ear infection
and I kept grabbing my left kidney
because of a neglected bladder infection!
Our dinner conversation consisted of...
"Ouch!"
"What?"
"I said Ouch!"
"What?"
"I said Ouch!"
"What? Why?"
"My kidney hurts!"
"What?"
"My kidney hurts and I'm afraid to go to the bathroom!"
"What?"
"I said...oh, never mind!"
"What?"
"OK! I said, let's have more kids!"
"Oh, I think I just threw up a little in my mouth!"
"See, I knew you could hear!"
"What?"
Yeah!
We were going downhill fast.
But it was ONLY 7:30...
still way too early to go home!
So, we took our doggy bag
and headed for our next favorite stop...
THE HOME DEPOT!
For the next hour and a half,
we looked at Formica, deep freezers, carpet,
washing machines, lighting fixtures, cabinetry and tile.
Although it was heavenly to
freely roam around the store,
it was also an
endurance test, of sorts,
because we were both so painfully tired!
By 9:00
we decided that we might literally die
if we didn't get to bed
so we headed for home.
9:00!?!
13 years ago we would have just been meeting to go out!
Now, we are a couple of old farts
with clogged ears and swollen kidneys
who are forcing ourselves to stay awake
so that we don't have to put our kids to bed!
How funny is that!
As we drove home,
we held hands
and planned out our schedule
for the next week!
When we got home,
Lulu was fast asleep
but the other's were still awake!
Oh have mercy!
But,
it was impossible to be disappointed because
they were all so happy to see us!
It was as if we had been gone for years!
So, while Jimmy took the sitter home,
So, while Jimmy took the sitter home,
I shooed everyone off to bed
then
fell fast asleep
on the couch
before he even got home!
In my opinion,
our anniversary date was a
TOTAL SUCCESS!
Check us out Jimmy...
We're fully getting old together!
How cool is that?
Here's to 13 gazillion more years of delicious torment!
I LOVE YOU!
Happy Anniversary!

3 comments:
That is awesome! I love it!:)
Happy Anniversary my happy Hunter friends! I love you guys!
Doesn't matter how you celebrate, as long as you DO celebrate! Happy day to you guys. :)
Post a Comment