Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mom!

When Abraham Lincoln said,
"All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother"
he was not kidding!

I don't care what age I am
or what stage of life I am in,
I need my Mom.

She is safe!
She is secure!
She is home!

After all,
Mom is one of the only people
on this entire planet
who shares my story.

Not only has she known every happiness
and every heartbreak
that I have ever experienced,
but she has FELT them
right along with me.
(Now that I'm a Mom, I understand that!)

I am a product of a loving Mom
who encourages me to try new things,
loves me regardless of my flaws,
and
believes that I can accomplish
anything that I set my mind too.

Now I see this same love
flowing over into her grandchildren.
She teaches them!
She lives vicariously through them!
She loves them...
and they love her!

and

Mom always knows exactly how
to love a 3 year old redhead
when everyone else
has lost their patience.





A true saint!
Thank you Mom
for being so wonderful.
I love you!

Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

crystal said...

"After all,
Mom is one of the only people
on this entire planet
who shares my story."

I love this! So perfectly said.

Your mom is indeed wonderful--I am lucky to have her as a mother in law!

Happy Mother's Day

Amy said...

I love, love, love those pictures! Mom really does have a gift for making our kids feel so special! Thanks Kari for writing such beautiful words about our beautiful Mom. She really is the best! Hope you had a happy, happy mother's day too! Love you!

Kristin said...

Your mom is fabulous! She is so sweet.

kristin said...

Happy Mother's Day Aunt Liz! I am so lucky to be related to all of you wonderful women!