to make an appointment
for Lulu's preschool physical.
Man!
For something so simple,
they sure do fire the questions at ya!
like...
"What's your child's name?"
and
"What's their birth date?
and
"What day would you like to come in?"
Geez!
It was like getting the third degree.
And,
don't they know
that this is not information
that this frazzled Mother
can just pull out of her head
at any given moment?
at any given moment?
It takes a second!
I felt like a contestant on
The Family Feud...
at the end
when the creepy Host
is expecting the nervous contestant
to answer the top 100 questions surveyed
with only seconds left on the clock!
Host: "What is your child's name?"
Karen: "Baxter! no wait...Chloe! no, no...Seth! no it's... Lulu! yeah, Lulu!
Host: "What is your child's birth date?"
Karen: "Um!" (pause) "Um!" (pause)
"PASS!"
Host: "What day of the week would you like to come in?"
Karen: "May 14, 1990"
Host: "I'm sorry that was the date of your Senior Prom.
"Would you like to try again?"
NOOOOOOO!
My word people!
Who's the one getting tested here?
I'm not the one trying to get into preschool,
it's my three year old, Lulu!
Why don't you ask her?
it's my three year old, Lulu!
Why don't you ask her?
Sigh!

3 comments:
So funny!! I have had to pause to answer those types of questions as well. To add to the trouble I do have 4/24, 5/22, 5/23 and 5/25 birthdays in our family. Try to keep those straight with the corresponding children. I have been known to make mistakes on occasion!!:)
Heeheehee! Same here. I drew a blank when on the phone with my pediatrician's nurse, who asked me Jack's birthdate.
"You expect me to KNOW?" I said. "He's my 4th child!"
I love that photo of Lulu :)
Yeah! Crystal reads my blog! Hi fiend!!!! Welcome to the madness!
Post a Comment